05 March 2014

Darren O'Brien - Anywhere But Home


Anywhere But Home
Darren O'Brien
20 pages
210x148mm/8.3"x5.8"
Digital printing
£5 plus shipping

"When traveling it is always the differences between the current and previous country that become the focus of my attention. Differences in culture, differences in food and differences in lifestyle. I always imagine what it would be like to live there; to actually take the plunge and move, leaving everything behind and make it home. These thoughts leave an uneasy feeling buried deep within me. Part excitement, part apprehension and part fear. It was this idea that I explored when visiting Poland. The resulting collection of photographs explores my associations with home, the similarities and the subtle differences. This is not a visual record of Poland as a country, merely my brief experiences within it - Darren O'Brien, 2013"

to order

No comments:

Post a Comment