16 December 2013

Piergiorgio Casotti - Sometimes I cannot smile

Sometimes I cannot smile
Piergiorgio Casotti
Book, 168 pp, 17,5x24 cm / 6.9x9.4 in
Edition: 450 + 50 Limited edition
Printing: DUOTONE OFFSET
Pricee 37€ + shipping

"I often ponder life and death. I decompose the pieces, dismantle elements in an attempt to rationally analyse them and then recompose and reconstruct the fragments, only to end up with a different equation each time. You need the right place to reflect and Greenland was that place for me. Life and death, black and white, opposing dichotomies revealing all their ruthlessness. In Greenland nature takes possession of rationality and gives a meaning to daily life. Greenland narrates a deafening silence. A voice whispering indefinable and inscrutable emotions. In Greenland one doesn’t live, at best one survives."

website / to order

No comments:

Post a Comment